What is Sigfox?
Sigfox is a global IoT network to achieve cost effectiveness, energy efficiency and long range area coverage.
Sigfox network is LPWA (Low Power Wide Area) network provided by Sigfox S.A. in France which is founded in 2009.
- KYOCERA Communication Systems Co., Ltd. (KCCS) as a Sigfox operator develops the Sigfox service in Japan which uses institutionalized bands as the 920MHz band active tag.
Sigfox provides base stations and cloud service, and each operator who contracted with Sigfox provides services in each country. Since Sigfox is a globally unified network, you can deploy the developed IoT solution as it is globally.
As for billing system, you can use Sigfox network in other countries once you have contracted with your own country's operator.
- Sigfox has covered 65 countries globally (As of September 2019)
- Sigfox uses sub-GHz such as 868MHz in Europe, 902MHz in US, and 920MHz in Asia Pacific
Features of Sigfox network
When a Sigfox device sends a maximum 12 bytes data (called a message), it repeats three times changing its frequency. Also, a message sent by a Sigfox device does not communicate with only one base station, but communicate with all the receivable base stations, and it is stored at Sigfox cloud as one data.
Furthermore, ultra narrowband communication has the feature that the affected noise can be reduced because the required reception bandwidth is narrow.
These features improve network stability, interference immunity and fault tolerance.
Low cost plan suitable for IoT
From 100 yen a year
Sigfox Cloud is provided
No need for SIM
LOW ENERGY EFFICIENT
10 years of battery life
One Network over the world
* Now developing a network in 65 countries around the world
(As of September 2019)
Sigfox use cases
There have been many use cases for Sigfox since its launch in Europe. It is mainly used where commercial power supply cannot be used. These are the following use cases.
- Smart mater for gas and water supply
- Facility management
- Logistics (tracking, location)
- Monitoring for children and seniors
- Temperature control of refrigeration equipment
- Smart parking
- Delivery box (goods delivery)
In the future, Sigfox modules will be installed in every industrial products and consumer products, and the number of solutions such as products traceability and failure detection are expected to increase.
Products / Solutions